Home > Forum > Artwork and Graphics > 25mm chit template
25mm chit template
  • Posted By : Shaula
    Posted on: 14th February 2017 7:13 AM
    I've just been putting together some 25mm chits. I followed the template layout - but when I turned on the proofing lines in the artwork check stage the lines seemed to bear little resemblance to what was on the template. Specifically the area between the check and proof lines (which I think is normally the bleed area) is inside what the template said was the bleed area. So all my chits are horribly oversized!

I guess the question boils down to asking which guideline to follow. The template or the proof lines? And if it is the latter could we get an updated template with proof and check lines that conform to the ones on the site?
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 22nd February 2017 8:14 AM
    Hi Shaula

I have taken a look at your artwork and can see the problem. The blue area on the template is bleed. The chits are cut on the inner edge of the blue.
    If you need a boarder it needs to be inside the blue area, extending over it. The bleed is needed to accommodate any slight variation in print.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
  • Posted By : Shaula
    Posted on: 22nd February 2017 9:23 AM
    Thank you very much - I will resize. It might be a handy addition to have the check line (which I assume is where the graphics/text should be inside?) on the template too.

Thanks again!
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 22nd February 2017 10:48 AM
    Hi Shaula

Your right, it would be very handy to have it on there. I will get one of they guys to add it as soon as possible.
  • Posted By : Wonsui
    Posted on: 10th March 2017 3:00 PM
Sorry you must be logged in to post.