Home > Forum > General Discussion > Supply Issues
Supply Issues
  • Posted By : MatthewLED
    Posted on: 26th November 2021 6:54 PM
    Hi - what is the latest on supply issues?

Will we be able to order in time for Christmas delivery?

Thanks,
    Matthew
  • Posted By : markmarsay
    Posted on: 26th November 2021 6:56 PM
    update: 3 of the 4 games arrived after posting original comment, many thanks. however, although 2 of the 3 games are fine for colour, the third is way off the mark and really isn't up to scratch - maybe farmed out to another company?? will be contacting you next week

Have 4 games on order, when am i likely to get them? Have more waiting to upload. An advisory would be helpful.
    Edited 3 Time(s). Last Edit 27th November 2021 9:52 PM By markmarsay. Reason : quality
  • Posted By : VHT
    Posted on: 31st December 2021 12:48 PM
    The following message is displayed on the Ivory website: Due to ongoing material supply issues we will be unable to accept new game orders until March 2022 onwards. We apologise for inconvenience and we will continue to review the situation on a regular basis.'
    This means that game orders can only be shipped in April at the earliest. Although I understand shortage of material during the pandemic, that's an awful long time to wait for a game with just a folding board, 6 wooden figures, a few dice and a leaflet. :-( What materials can't be sourced?
    Posted on: 3rd January 2022 12:45 PM
    As I understand it from one of the guys at Ivory the problem is with game board material. Which is a real shame as all I want is playing cards through the game system. However, it was explained to me that the company had decided on a 'catch all' method of preventing orders which may have game boards by simply switching the whole 'game maker' system off for the time being. I was offered an alternative way of doing my card game prototypes, but as I undertood it the process would be different, so more expensive and the colours would not be the same as I have been used to with the online game maker system. I hope they are up and running again soon as I have several prototypes with them waiting for production and several more ready to upload. Is this problem because of Brexit or transport issues??!!
    Edited 1 Time(s). Last Edit 3rd January 2022 12:47 PM By markmarsay. Reason : spelling
  • Posted By : The Northman
    Posted on: 21st January 2022 7:26 AM
    Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell me when the supply issues started please? What date did the shop on this website start not allowing orders?

I'm asking because I did quite a big advertising campaign in the months leading up to christmas that actually created quite a lot of interest. I had emails and messages asking specific questions about my games and there were more than a few said they would be ordering.

However, no sales at all!

Quite frankly, that surprised me. I was expecting to see 'some' sales due to the level of interest.
    I'm hoping no sales were because of the shop being 'shut down', as opposed to my games being of no interest and more than a few 'customers' lying / being 'kind' to me.

The small stock of games I had in my possession have all but gone now with some being bought on the recommendation of a previous purchaser so they cannot be that bad...

In any case, I hope that Ivory are managing to weather the storm of the last couple of years, ( I hope that all readers of this post are ), My bicycle repair business has suffered greatly though a lack of spare parts recently so I know what you are going through. Still alive and kicking though.

Onward and Upward...

Any input from forum members or Ivory welcomed :)

Cheers from Norman
    Posted on: 21st January 2022 4:46 PM
    seems like overkill to me to close the whole thing for the sake of a few items they can't source or stock - like you am frustrated, had some interest from a games publisher today about some of my game prototypes but i can't get them through the system here until march sometime - bit of a pain really
    Posted on: 19th February 2022 3:16 PM
    Although I am not in the game manufacturing business, I find it hard to believe that Ivory cannot get a simple material, such as game boards, from other suppliers. It not also hurts us game designers, but must hurt them financially, too. I am afraid that they may go out of business if they cannot resolve the supply issue soon - and we have to adapt our designs to another manufacturer (assuming we find any ...). Please, Ivory, try your utmost to get the boards somewhere else (and soon). Thanks!
    Posted on: 10th April 2022 6:02 PM
    As Ivory has left us high and dry after more than 3 months, can anybody recommend a board game manufacturer, ideally in the UK, which can produce games now? Thanks!
Sorry you must be logged in to post.