Home > Forum > GamerMaker Support > My example timeline for custom game order
My example timeline for custom game order
  • Posted By : Sloth123
    Posted on: 12th March 2021 9:45 AM
    Noticed that there are a lot of questions about lead times etc. in here.

I've just received my order for 2 copies of a custom game (with box, dice and about 200 cards) yesterday, so I thought I'd post the timescale.
    This is just from one order, just for me and it's the beginning of March, so I have no idea if it would be similar timescales for anyone else.
    I imagine the volume of orders has a large impact, and I'd expect the run up to Christmas for example to be a lot slower. That's just a guess though.

Anyway, here's my timeline (I am in mainland UK):

2nd March (late night!) - Order submitted
    3rd March - Order confirmed
    10th March - Dispatch Notice
    11th March - Arrived by courier, about midday.

This was actually quite a lot quicker than I was expecting. The box was well packaged and arrived undamaged.
    The quality of the product is, I have to say, excellent. Playing the game with real cards makes everything feel fundamentally better.

Detail-wise, the final prints have come out with (to my eye) the same colours I get when printing the art on my colour printer at home, which is absolutely NOT the colour they are on screen, but at least gives me a quick way of proofing them (Who designed the crazy colour mapping scheme that makes some screen purples into dark blue, and some screen oranges into green? Green is literally the opposite of orange.)

All told, very happy with the whole process.
    This website could do with some love and attention (Search doesn't work, random selection of templates for cards, sometimes doesn't upload files), but it does actually work, and the end product is well worth it.
  • Posted By : Sloth123
    Posted on: 12th March 2021 9:47 AM
    (And as another example of web-shonk, after typing that lot, the forum threw it all away. Luckily I could get it back from my history)
Sorry you must be logged in to post.