Home > Forum > Feature/Product Requests > Safety testing and CE marking
Safety testing and CE marking
  • Posted By : alundin
    Posted on: 19th October 2020 11:06 PM
    Hi,

The EU toy safety regulation (which the UK falls under) requires a safety test to be done for games/toys for ages below 14.
    For example I have a card game for the age 6+ that I would like to publish and sell.
    Before doing so I would need to have a safety test done before I can put the 'CE' mark on the product and sell it.
    Please could someone explain the process of creating/selling games via this website and if safety testing is considered, or if all products have to be marketed to people over the age of 14

Many thanks,
    Ali
    Edited 1 Time(s). Last Edit 19th October 2020 11:18 PM By alundin. Reason : i
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 20th October 2020 8:34 AM
    Hi Ali

All our products are tested for Toy Safety and comply with EU regulations. You can download our latest test reports here https://www.ivory.co.uk/images/about-us/Ivory_CE_Reports.pdf
    We also require any game that contains small parts to have a choke hazard warning on them.

You do not need to have a game tested your self as you can self certify its compliance if you wish.

Please note the above statements are not legal advice and Ivory Graphics Ltd accepts no responsibility for the accuracy of those statements.
Sorry you must be logged in to post.