Home > Forum > Artwork and Graphics > PDF size A3
PDF size A3
  • Posted By : VHT
    Posted on: 25th September 2020 3:08 PM
    I want to upload the artwork for the A3 Game Board Double Side, which requires an artwork size of 426x303. Unfortunately, my software (Autodesk Sketchbook) does not provide 'save as' in PDF and 'Microsoft Print to PDF' only lets me print to predefined sizes, i.e. A3, which is a 6mm smaller than required. So when I try to upload the file it gets rejected with the message: REJECTED (Page Sizes should be 426x303mm. You supplied a file 420mm x 297mm). How can I solve this issue please?
  • Posted By : thats_so_frandom
    Posted on: 25th September 2020 9:20 PM
    I was having issues to convert to PDF. Adobe have the CS2 version of photoshop available for free and legally, Google it to find. It is a super old version and is no longer supported by Adobe but I used it to convert to pdf and it's great for that purpose, and it doesn't save pdfs to a predefined size- it keeps the image the dimensions you set them as in.jpeg or .png so that would solve your problem.
    Posted on: 26th September 2020 12:27 PM
    Thanks for your response, thats_so_frandom. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a page on the Adobe site to download the CS2 version of Photoshop for free. I would have to download the trial version, then pay after 30 days. You can download CS2 from other sites claiming to be free and legal, although it may not install or run properly on Windows 10 anyway. But apparently, unless you have a valid CS/CS2 license, you are using pirated software and face heavy penalties if audited.
    I wonder why IVORY only accept PDFs if it is so difficult to create files of user-defined sizes or to edit their PDF templates. There are so many other formats supported by most graphic applications. If I cannot get around this problem I may have to look for another games manufacturer. :-(
  • Posted By : RDS
    Posted on: 26th September 2020 6:58 PM
    I also use an old version of Photoshop CS2 and was getting the same problem as you, I found a site called Foxit phantom you can down load a free trial that will help you convert your image files into PDF or PSD format,

Edited 4 Time(s). Last Edit 27th September 2020 12:54 PM By RDS. Reason : Edit
    Posted on: 26th September 2020 7:51 PM
    Thanks, RDS. The problem with Autodesk Sketchup is that it only creates (via Microsoft Print to PDF) PDF-files of A3, which is 6mm too small for the required artwork size for the A3 game board. However, good news: I installed GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) from www.gimp.org, which exports PDFs in the canvas size set in GIMP. I uploaded them to IVORY and they were accepted :-)
Sorry you must be logged in to post.