Home > Forum > GamerMaker Support > Sample and colour quality
Sample and colour quality
  • Posted By : smooggames
    Posted on: 23rd June 2017 8:23 AM
    Hi there,
    I received my sample of my game (thanks for the very quick turn around, I finished uploading my artwork and placed the order only 5 days ago!), and whilst it's looking great I have a couple of questions.

Firstly there's some distort on the image on the front of the box. I can post a photo to show what I mean, but do you have any recommendations for getting around this? The box has a semi-transparent fading area (a drop shadow basically), but the cards use the same technique. The print on the cards is perfectly smooth, but on the box cover it's blocky, like the print has been done at a lower resolution if I'm using the right words?

Secondly is there a way to improve the colour vibrancy on the cards themselves? I have two copies of my game in front of me, one printed by yourselves and one by The Game Crafter and the colour on the TGC cards is just more alive and closer to my original artwork. Is there something I can do to the pdf files before uploading them to give them a little more spark? They're already pretty saturated, but 95% of my graphic work is done for screen not print so any suggestions gratefully received.

Finally if I make any changes to my artwork at this stage will I have to reorder the sample game? That obviously could get quite expensive for something that I fully don't expect to make any money on. Is there a way around this or is it built into the site that if the game changes it can't be published (like when I change artwork it must be proofed again). For instance if I decide to leave all the graphics alone, but want to change the copyright date I missed on the instructions from 2015 to 2017 will that cost me the price of the game for the privilige?

Thanks for all your help,
    Si
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 23rd June 2017 8:31 AM
    Hi Si,

Sorry to hear you're not happy with this. If you could drop me an email with some pictures of anything you have a problem with I'll do my best to answer any questions and see what we can do to go about fixing them once I see the issues.
    gamemaker@ivory.co.uk
    Just address it to me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards Ash
Sorry you must be logged in to post.