Home > Forum > GamerMaker Support > Question about publishing and discount for quantities
Question about publishing and discount for quantities
  • Posted By : SteveSmith
    Posted on: 19th July 2016 4:02 PM
    Hi, is there any plans or way to implement a "discount for quantity" regarding the publishing aspect of Game Maker? I've created my game and it has a set price based on its components, and it's obviously more expensive per-unit than if I ordered, say, a hundred or so copies (based on other quotes I've received from you for card printing). Thanks.
    Posted on: 28th July 2016 8:01 AM
    *bump*
    Posted on: 22nd August 2016 9:12 AM
    Very interested in this as well. Or at least a quantity discount for the designer. Would like to order around 10 copies of my prototype game for playtesters.
  • Posted By : Jake
    Posted on: 22nd August 2016 9:48 AM
    Hi Guys, apologies for the lack of response on this one as it has been the subject of internal discussion. Currently there are no plans to implement a discount based on volume as we are focusing on the ondemand printing aspect, although this is something that may change in the near future.
    Posted on: 22nd August 2016 10:02 AM
    I hope you change your minds. With the prices right now I can only see myself ordering a few copies to myself, selling it with profit to other people will not be possible as people expect lower prices.
    Posted on: 24th August 2016 9:05 AM
    Is there any way that our designs can be transferred to the "Ivory Graphics" side of your business where discounts are available?
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 24th August 2016 9:10 AM
    Hi Steve

It is possible, if you have a quote just let them know which designs you want to use and the guys there can sort the rest.
  • Posted By : TheToad
    Posted on: 14th October 2016 10:25 AM
    I was very pleased with my prototype, but I've got the same problem as Haakongaarder. I'd like to try interesting local games shops but if I offered them the game even at the price per set that it cost me - £36 - I'd be laughed out of the door. They'd have to sell the game at £50+ to make a decent profit; nobody's going to buy it at that price - and that's without me making a penny on it. A reduced price for quantities - 10, 50, 100, 250, 500 - is a must, if I'm to be able to take things any further. I'm quietly confident I could shift several hundred sets, but not at £36 a time.
  • Posted By : Khroumir
    Posted on: 10th May 2017 3:35 PM
    Same problem here - a very high price per unit means that I will only be able to sell it to a few friends of mine and that's all... If we had a discount based on volume it would allow larger quantites of games to be sold, hence more profit for everyone involved...
Sorry you must be logged in to post.