Home > Forum > GamerMaker Support > Suggestions for alterations to Card Layout Tools in GameMake
Suggestions for alterations to Card Layout Tools in GameMake
  • Posted By : AdamPT
    Posted on: 24th August 2017 1:59 PM
    Hi,

I've made a couple of card games using the templates on your site. The cards I have received so far have been great - and I want to keep using your service (we need a service like this in the UK).

Some feedback:

I found the card layout tool to be arduous. I use online printers partly to produce quality components (which you are achieving) but partly to save myself the time of cutting and printing cards for prototypes. Your current tool takes a long time to use and I would save more time by doing the printing and cutting at home myself.

Some initial thoughts:

1. I cannot select how many cards I want to have in my deck - I have to add each individual card with a click of the mouse. For a deck of 200 cards, this is arduous. There needs to be a simple box where you can fill in how many cards you want.

2. I cannot select a single card-back image and then apply it to all cards. For a deck of 200 cards, I have to duplicate the image 200 times (each time with a right-click and menu-selection), then drag each individual image into the relevant space. This should be a 2 second job: select image to use for all card backs - click a button - done.

3. When I drag images across the page, they alter the positions of existing card images as they brush over them. This is extremely frustrating (especially when applying the card backs 200 times as described above).

4. Duplicating a card is very frustrating. It feels like it should be a simple copy-and-paste affair with a click of a button. But instead I have to duplicate the image (front and back) and the duplicated images appear at the bottom of the stack (so I have to scroll down to find them). Then I have to create a new card. Then drag the images across (again disturbing the positions of anything they touch).

5. Ideally I would like to see support for PNG and JPG images - not just PDFs.

All of this is meant as constructive feedback - I am sure you are looking to make the site the best it can be.
  • Posted By : Ivory
    Posted on: 24th August 2017 2:27 PM
    Hi AdamPT,

So glad to hear you like the service. Always good to hear feedback.

We have had a look at the things you recommend and are going to take a look at if we can put them into practice on the site.

Thanks again for the feedback, we hope you continue to use us and maybe spread the word.

Best Regards,
    Ash
Sorry you must be logged in to post.